Seattle, WA 98107 | (617) 800-4996 | email@example.com
Senior marketing manager with expertise in brand development and stewardship. Manage high impact campaigns from concept to execution, driving substantial increases in brand awareness, web traffic, revenue growth and customer acquisition and retention. Skilled strategist proficient in content, social media, and inbound marketing. Leverage creative acumen to deliver memorable, customer-centric site/product experiences. Adept at developing and executing compelling, customized content based on customer segmentation.
Marketing Strategy | Product Marketing | Product Positioning| Content Development | Audience Segmentation
Integrated Marketing | Analytics | Customer Acquisition| SEO| Digital Marketing | Project Management
Platforms: HubSpot, MailChimp, Salesforce, Marketo, Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Cratejoy, Shopify, WordPress
The Dapper Dog Box, LLC, Seattle, WA Mar 2016 – January 2019
Marketing Manager (Founder)
Built a profitable six-figure subscription & e-commerce startup in 2.5 years. Oversaw all aspects of the business, focusing on strategic marketing development. Delivered high-quality products and impeccable design, providing subscribers with an exceptional experience and grew a loyal customer base with over 4000 customers at a 90% retention rate. Invited to be one of the first subscription boxes featured on Amazon’s brand new subscription box platform.
- Managed the creation, development and implementation of integrated marketing campaigns and customer acquisition plans, resulting in 150% YOY increase in revenue and 200% increase in web traffic.
- Focused on targeted messaging, choreographed campaigns, optimization, and consistent customer experience across key channels, using created audience and customer personas
- Created custom customer acquisition and retention plans, including paid and organic search, banner ads, FB/Google and instagram advertising and consistent improvements to customer experience
- SEO strategies, creating all content across channels, blog, keyword research, buyer personas and mobile optimization
- Created segmented email marketing strategies and conducted A/B testing of content, images, and offers, increasing open rates to 35% on average and clickthrough rates to 3.07%.
- Built customer lifecycle strategies, including custom loyalty programs, and retargeting tactics to boost revenue + CLV
- Managed multiple website redesigns using UX/UI research feedback resulting in 3% increase in conversion and 20% decrease in bounce rate
- Built brand and developed brand awareness to create an exceptional customer experience (*4.9/5 based on 200+ reviews)
- Created the company logo, website, collateral, landing pages, box design and product positioning
- Utilized analytical platforms such as google analytics, HubSpot, HotJar to gain customer insight, shape acquisition channels, marketing plans and define customer target market
- Created social media strategy + presence. Grew Instagram organically to 41,400 followers, resulting in 15% of sales from platform (paid ads + organic reach), + 7000 social shares
- Created and managed marketing budget, while analyzing data and metrics to reduce spend and maximize ROI
- Developed hundreds of partner/vendor relationships to get more competitive pricing on products, resulting in a 15% increase in profits
- Awarded the 2018 Influential Women in Pet Industry award by Pet Age magazine.
- Exited the business with a successful acquisition in January 2019
Navitas at University of Massachusetts Boston, Boston, MA May 2011 – Jul 2015
Assistant Director of Marketing (Nov 2013 – Jul 2015)
Developed and executed marketing/sales budget and strategy for social media, web content, collateral, brochures, newsletters, and global social media sites. Created international marketing plans, university partnership marketing plans, including targets, sales forecasts, and goals using critical thinking skills.
- Using leadership skills, led and managed cross-functional team (2 marketing, 2 admissions and 3 interns) and achieved 30% YOY sales growth, outperforming all other teams.
- Developed and managed a 400,000 budget against marketing budget and timelines
- Led and managed 12-month marketing activity + strategy calendar, writing all copy.
- Managed relationship with internal creative teams to develop communication and marketing materials.
- Partnered with design team to lead Navitas/UMass Boston rebranding efforts in 2015.
- Led cross functional collaboration with university senior leadership and faculty and teams within Navitas
- Gave over 100 training presentations to overseas agents to influence sales and build relationships
Navitas at University of Massachusetts Boston
Marketing Associate (May 2011 – Nov 2013)
Executed marketing and recruitment strategy across diverse markets. Developed Marketo nurturing campaign web and email content. Created promotional videos for YouTube.
- Increased lead generation and conversion through integrated online advertisement, email marketing, and social media outreach.
CAPA International Education, Boston, MA Sep 2008 – Dec 2010
Leveraged online marketing campaigns, CRM, social media promotions, and direct phone/email outreach to recruit students to CAPA’s London, Florence, Beijing, and Sydney programs. Exceeded targets by 50% over two years.
Master of Arts, Intercultural Relations
Lesley University, Cambridge, MA
Bachelor of Arts, Communications
University of Amherst, Amherst, MA